Single Tooth Replacement – Denton, TX
Regain a Complete, Healthy Smile
If you are missing a single tooth, you may not think that replacing it is very important. After all, you can still eat without too much difficulty, and you might not even be concerned about aesthetics. But did you know that even a single missing tooth can have devastating consequences for your oral health? The teeth next to the empty space may begin to drift out of place, and the bone that once supported the tooth will begin to deteriorate. Eventually, you may experience further tooth loss.
It is important that you act as soon as possible to replace your missing tooth. At Prime Dentistry, we offer a few treatments that can recomplete your smile.
Why Choose Prime Dentistry for Single Tooth Replacement?
- Comprehensive dental implant services
- High-quality, aesthetically pleasing restorations
- Friendly, experienced dental team
Single Tooth Replacement Options
We offer two options for single tooth replacement in Denton:
A traditional dental bridge, sometimes called crown and bridgework, is a prosthetic that includes two crowns, which fit over the teeth next to the empty space (the abutment teeth). An artificial tooth “bridges” the gap between the crowns. This type of restoration can be quite natural-looking and comfortable. It can even restore full dental function and prevent your remaining teeth from drifting out of place. Many patients opt for a traditional fixed bridge because it is a relatively affordable treatment.
A single tooth dental implant is a small titanium post that we insert into the jawbone during a minimally invasive surgery. It replaces the root of the missing tooth. Following the implant placement surgery, your body will go through a process known as osseointegration, wherein your body will bond with the implant, thus establishing a strong foundation for your new tooth. After osseointegration, we will design a custom crown to attach to the top of the implant and replace the visible portion of your lost tooth.
The Benefits of Implant-Supported Single Tooth Replacement
Although either a fixed bridge or a dental implant can provide reliable tooth replacement, we typically recommend that our patients opt for an implant. That is because dental implants in Denton offer a number of outstanding advantages:
- An implant replaces both the crown and the root of a missing tooth, whereas a bridge replaces only the top portion of the tooth.
- Placing a traditional bridge requires that the abutment teeth be significantly modified. Because an implant is self-supporting, it allows those teeth to retain their natural shape.
- An implant supports bone health, but a bridge does not.
- A dental implant has the potential to last for 30 years or longer. Conversely, a bridge may last for just 10 – 15 years before it needs to be replaced.
- A dental implant looks, feels, and functions almost exactly like a natural tooth.
Contact Prime Dentistry Today
At Prime Dentistry, we are proud to offer comprehensive restorative dentistry. If you would like to learn more about how we can replace your missing tooth with a fixed bridge or dental implant, contact us today to schedule a consultation.