Dental Checkups and Cleanings – Denton, TX
Keep Your Smile Happy and Healthy for Life
Everyone knows that regular brushing and flossing are essential for maintaining a bright, healthy smile. However, when it comes to keeping issues like tooth decay and gum disease at bay, healthy habits can only do so much. You also need to visit your Denton dentist regularly to prevent these problems from developing. At Prime Dentistry, we aim to keep your smile happy and healthy for life with thorough checkups and cleanings twice a year. If it’s been more than six months since your last dental checkup, don’t be shy about giving us a call to learn more!
Why Choose Prime Dentistry For Dental Checkups and Cleanings?
- State-of-the-Art Dental Technology for Precision and Comfort
- Talented Team of Highly Experienced Dentists
- Evening and Weekend Appointments Available for Your Convenience
What Can You Expect During Your Dental Checkup and Cleaning?
Your biannual visits have two distinct parts. First, we’ll conduct a thorough dental exam, which is known as a checkup. We’ll closely inspect your teeth, gums, soft tissues, bite alignment, and the rest of your mouth for any signs of developing issues. We may take digital X-rays to look for problems hiding underneath your gumline or between teeth. Afterwards, we’ll discuss our findings with you and work with you to create a custom treatment plan to maintain excellent oral health.
Then, we’ll wrap up your appointment with a gentle cleaning. With a sharp eye, special tools, and a gentle touch, one of our skilled hygienists will carefully remove built up plaque and tartar from your teeth. Once all these particles are cleared away, they’ll polish your teeth to remove any surface stains and leave you with a refreshed, gleaming smile!
How Often Do You Need a Dental Checkup and Cleaning?
For most patients, we recommend coming in for checkups every six months. However, some patients may need to visit us more frequently, such as those who:
- Have a history of poor oral health
- Are overcoming a significant issue like gum disease
- Are pregnant (which increases your risk of gum disease)
- Smoke or chew tobacco
- Have certain health conditions or take certain medications
Why Are Dental Checkups and Cleanings Important?
While these regular visits are quick and easy, they are very important for a variety of reasons, including:
- Spot and stop issues as early as possible: Even if your teeth look and feel fine, visiting us twice a year lets us spot issues that you may not see or feel yet and treat them before they become much larger problems.
- Boost overall health: Keeping your mouth healthy with routine checkups encourages better overall health. Studies show that keeping your teeth and gums clean can boost your immune system and reduce your risk of systemic conditions like heart disease and arthritis.
- Save money: Catching and treating issues as early as possible typically costs far less time, money, and discomfort than waiting for worse problems to develop. In fact, experts estimate that for every dollar spent on preventive dental care, up to $50 can be saved on future repairs and treatments.