Nightguards for Bruxism – Denton, TX
Protect Your Teeth as You Sleep
Bruxism, better known as teeth grinding, is a condition that causes you to gnash and grind your teeth as you’re sleeping. Not only can this put your smile at-risk of getting damaged, but it could also land you a trip to your emergency dentist, which is something that you’ll definitely want to avoid. To keep all of your teeth intact and healthy, you’ll need to protect them from the intense force and grinding from your bruxism, and luckily, we offer the best solution. Learn more about our customized nightguards below!
Why Choose Prime Dentistry for Nightguards?
- Customized to Comfortably Fit Your Mouth
- Avoid Experiencing a Dental Emergency
- Prevent TMJ Dysfunction & Migraines
How Do You Know if You’re Grinding Your Teeth?
Most people grind their teeth while they’re sleeping, which can make it hard to know if you have bruxism and is often a reason why this issue goes unaddressed (especially if you don’t visit your dentist regularly). Here are some signs to look out for that could signify that you’re grinding your teeth as you sleep:
- Worn-down teeth, especially the back molars. They may look flatter than your other teeth.
- Chipped, cracked, or damaged teeth.
- Sensitive teeth due to enamel erosion.
- Tense facial and jaw muscles.
- Chronic headaches that linger throughout the day.
- Tense facial muscles and facial pain.
- Lockjaw that prevents you from moving your jaw.
- Popping or clicking jaw joints when you open or close your mouth.
- Damage to the inside of your cheeks.
- Your partner notices a grinding noise at night while you sleep.
What Causes Teeth Grinding?
There are several different factors that can cause you to grind and clench your teeth at night. Some people experience it simply because of stress in their life, while others do it because they have a misaligned bite or an underlying condition known as TMJ dysfunction. If you notice any of the symptoms of bruxism, it’s important to visit your local dentist so they can conduct an examination of your jaw and bite alignment to determine the best treatment method for your condition.
Treating Bruxism & Preserving Your Oral Health
At Prime Dentistry, we offer customized nightguards that are made from durable acrylic. Similar to an athletic mouthguard, but more low-profile, bruxism nightguards are made to comfortably fit in your mouth as you rest to keep your teeth from making direct contact with each other if you try to grind them. This prevents enamel erosion, flattened teeth, and a variety of issues from arising down the road. If the underlying cause of your condition is bite misalignment or orthodontic issues, we also offer Invisalign treatment as well to address the root cause of the issue.
If you have any questions about bruxism or would like to learn more about how we can treat your condition, feel free to call our office!