Emergency Dentistry – Denton, TX
Urgent Dental Care for Denton Families
Having an emergency dentist you trust is a lot like having a plumber: you don’t often need them, but when you do, you likely need them right away. Situations involving broken and knocked out teeth or severe dental pain are more common than you might think here in Denton, and should you find yourself dealing with any of these problems, you can breathe a little easier knowing the immediate care you need is available locally at Prime Dentistry. We always make emergency patients our top-priority, and we’re often able to provide same-day care to ensure we get patients out of pain and back to their lives as quickly as possible. If you or a loved one are in need of emergency dental care, give us a call right away.
Why Choose Prime Dentistry for Emergency Dentistry?
- Ready to see emergency patients the same day they call in
- Digital technology helps us find & treat problems in less time
- Dedicated to fast relief & long-lasting solutions
Dental Accidents & Facial Trauma
Whether due to a motor-vehicle accident, fall at work, or sports-related injury, fractured and knocked out teeth are some of the most common emergencies we deal with every day. After you give us a call, be sure to take the following steps so we can have the best chance of replanting your tooth:
- Try to find and recover any pieces of the tooth that you can
- Gently rinse them off with warm water
- Try to place the tooth back into its socket until you can see us
- If this isn’t possible, put the tooth in a container of milk or saltwater—it must remain wet to keep it viable!
Dental Emergencies Due to Oral Care Neglect
Has that little toothache you’ve been ignoring become a serious pain? If so, we’re ready to provide the relief you need, just make sure you:
- Rinse your mouth with water and lightly floss around the tooth to dislodge anything that might be stuck near it and causing the pain
- If that doesn’t work, give Prime Dentistry a call
- Use a cold compress or OTC-pain medication to manage any discomfort until you can see us
Unparalleled Experience & Qualifications
Both Dr. Ahir and Dr. Shekhadiya have years of experience in the dental field, and in that time, they have successfully handled pretty much any emergency situation you can imagine. Their calm and friendly demeanor will help take the stress out of even the tensest situation, and they’ll use their skills and our advanced technology to ensure that you or your loved one get what you need in record time. And, unlike your local ER, they won’t make you wait for hours to be seen as well!
While removing a tooth is never our first choice, there are some emergency situations where it is absolutely necessary, such as:
- A tooth is too decayed or broken to be repaired
- Advanced gum disease has deteriorated the bone supporting a tooth
- An infection in one tooth is beginning to impact those around it
In any case, our dentists always use a gentle touch and plenty of local anesthetic so that our extraction patients remain comfortable from beginning to end.
Most of the time, an extremely painful toothache is caused by bacteria reaching and damaging the dental pulp, which is a bit of soft tissue inside each tooth where the sensitive nerve is located. To help relieve this kind of pain and save the tooth, our dentists can perform a root canal, which is much less scary than its reputation!
For this, the tooth is thoroughly numbed, a small hole is created to reach the infected tissue, and then it is removed. Afterward, the tooth is cleaned, sanitized, and the tissue is replaced with a stable filling material. Later, the enamel will be fully rebuilt using a dental restoration, most likely a crown. When done properly, a root canal treated tooth can be trusted to function normally and remain pain-free for many years to come.